Friday, September 9, 2011

If I Could Have Any Superpower...

The classroom is hot and humid. The only sound coming from my fellow students, scratching furiously away at their tests. I still haven't picked up my pencil. I stared blankly at the piece of paper. Studying wasn't a top priority the night before, as I was occupied with a new video game I purchased. What am I gonna do to get myself out of this one?

Fortunately, I have the power of stopping time.

Looking around to make sure everyone had their heads down, I closed my eyes and focused my energy on the task at hand. When I reopened them, not a single thing in the classroom was moving. I looked up at the clock, which was also at a standstill. I was ready to go.

I stood up and observed the scene. Aaron looked almost done. Oben had as much written as I did. I poked around the teachers desk, looking for the answer key I so dearly sought. I found it in the first drawer of  Mr. Van Camp's desk, right beside a pad of sticky-notes and a bottle of whiskey. I continue to write down answers on my page, knowing I will ace the test for sure.

See, the decision to choose the power of controlling time (aka The Zack Morris Timeout) came not as a result of picking the best superpower; rather, it was decided through a series of eliminations. I researched each power, and discovered potentially drastic loopholes in most. For example, super speed becomes quite a burden when the friction of air molecules lights me on fire. Immortality? Becomes a living Hell if he get stuck down a well or cliff. In the end, time-stopping is the best option for me. I conclude, the ability to control time is the most logical, and effective, superpower available.

No comments:

Post a Comment